ATC Board December 19, 2014 Meeting
Andy O'Loan, Benita Asher and Bill Condrashoff, John & Rosalie Escamilla,
Mike Daly, Chris Fuller, Dan Klement, Sheilah Asher, David & Heather Hopman, Derek Galli
Board Members Absent:
- Treasurer's Report (Sheilah) - Approximately $6000 profit from JTT across both 2014 sessions, plus $975 profit in general fund from spring tourney, and $300 in dues. Expenditures included Argonaut benches, sign numbers, rollers/squeegees, electric blower & extension cord, liability insurance.
View Financial Report
- Junior Tennis
- JTT League Recap (Dan)
View Dan's Full JTT Report
- JTT Fall Tourney (Dan) - 24 intermediate & advanced players, round robin format. Very well received.
- JTT Summer Travelling League (Andy) - 8 week summer program June - August, culminating in trip to Fresno. 30 kids participated this year and Andy is planning to head this up again in 2015. Board pledged additional financial support in the form of stipends to offset travel expenses.
- Jr. High School Program (Andy) - April-May timeframe working with Eric Hedstrom in Calaveras to provide some cross-county play at the junior high level. Andy will work with Eric to continue this program in 2015.
- High School Update
- Argonaut - Andy helping on Tues/Thurs while new coach is being sought. Job is posted. Andy is willing to assist the new coach.
- Amador - Chris Fuller returning as coach with assist by Jerry Beeman.
- 2014 Activity Recap (Benita/Rosalie)
- New Year's Day Brunch on the Courts
- Spring Tourney May 31-June 1 at Argonaut to fund benches. 40 players across 5 divisions.
- Facilities Discussion
- (from last year) Mike to revisit whether city has a broom we can use to keep sunflower shells off Detert court.
- Argonaut scorecards - Andy replaced two of them; two more need replacing. Board authorized Andy to purchase & replace.
- Shade structure - Dan reports we are OK for now.
- Crack Repair - John Berglund (not present) did some repairs. Board authorized him to continue with ATC buying materials. However no repairs until after Spring HS and JTT tennis (need temp of 60 or above).
- Nomination and Election of 2015 Board Members
President - Rosalie Escamilla
Vice President - Chris Fuller
Treasurer - Sheilah Asher
Secretary - Benita Asher
Members at Large - Derek Galli, Dave Hopman, Andy O'Loan, Mike Daly, Dan Klement
- 2015 Projects/Wish List
Long discussion about adding two courts at Argonaut. Dan to have preliminary discussions with USTA about grant opportunities, and the school district. Derek willing to attend meeting with superintendent. Bill C will measure current parking lot to assess if two courts will fit there, and if access driveway might need to be moved. Fundraising opportunities tabled until project feasibility is established.
- 2015 Planned Activities
- New Year's Day brunch on the courts, 10am Argonaut. In case of rain, proceed to Hopmans at 110 Gordon Place in Jackson.
- Meet again Jan-Feb timeframe to revisit Argo court project, Jr. Spring Tourney & Adult Spring Tourney.
- Jr. Tournament before Spring league (intermediate & advanced, similar to Fall offering)
- Spring Tourney at Amador to benefit ATC's General Fund. May 30-31. Chris F and Jerry B to serve as Tournament Directors. Bill C and Andy O to help with draws. Rosalie & Benita to do PR & registrations.