ATC Elects New Board Members at January 2007 Meeting
Rosalie Escamilla, Bill Condrashoff, Benita Asher, John Escamilla, Todd Sargent,
Jerry & Sandi Beeman, Vera & David Ferguson, Mike Daly
- Financial Review
Benita presented an Income/Expense summary for 2007.
Current balance in ATC Checking Account is $3980.
Current balance in City of Jackson's Tennis in the Parks fund is about $1000.
- Review of 2007 Activities and Programs
- April - Recreational Coach Workshop sponsored by USTA.Some 25 people attended.
- April/May - First-ever Amador Junior Team Tennis League. 66 participants, 8 teams (6 beginner and 2 intermediate)
- April/May - Benita led Rapid Rally Junior Olympic Skills Program at Detert Park. Free program started with two clinics and then the local competition. Culminated in 4 Amador kids winning gold at regional event in Sacramento, and Sarah Daly winning a free trip to Colorado where she won a silver medal in the national competition.
- July/August - Rosalie and Derek Gallie led to two tennis "block parties" with fun, games, music, bbq and prizes.
- August - Rosalie & Brad Harris led a two-week ATC summer tennis camp at Argonaut in conjunction with "Tennis in the Parks". About 20 people attended. Program broke even.
- September/October - Amador Junior Team Tennis League. 6 teams (4 beginner and 2 intermediate)
- November-January - USTA Mixed Doubles 8.0 League
- Plans for 2008
- March - Junior Novice Tennis Tournament (18 and under). Mike Daly is tourney director
- April/May - Junior Tennis League
- May - Rapid Rally Tennis at Detert Park. Free clinic May 3; Competition May 19 1pm.
Amador County Recreation Agency (ACRA) is sponsoring the other sports in in the Junior Olympic Skills series
...basketball, soccer, track & field.
- June - Tennis Block Party
- August TBD - Youth Summer Camp
- Other ideas discussed - Adult tournaments such as "100 year" tourney where partners' ages must combine to exceed 100.
- Election of New Board Members
The following board was elected:
- Rosalie Escamilla, President
- John Escamilla, Vice President
- Vera Ferguson, Treasurer
- Benita Asher, Secretary
- Board Members at Large: Dave Ferguson, Jerry and Sandi Beeman