Amador Junior Team Tennis League
League Director: Christian Ducray
- WHO: Boys & Girls Ages 7-14. Sorry, no high school players (but HS players are encouraged to volunteer as coaches...see last bullet at bottom of page).
- WHAT: Co-ed teams play doubles and/or singles tennis in three ability levels. Beginners use large red low compression balls and a short court format, intermediates play full court with orange low compression balls, and advanced is regular singles & doubles play with rotation of teammates. No experience is necessary, beginners are welcome!
Each child needs his/her own youth tennis racquet. ATC will assist with making sure every child has a racquet;
let us know if you have questions about sizing or if you are unable to provide a racquet for your child.
- WHEN: FALL 2019 LEAGUE Sept 29 to Nov 10
- Seven matches on SUNDAY afternoons between 12:30pm and 6pm depending on the total number of teams.
- Registrations IS NOW CLOSED!
- Assessment day: NOTE NEW TIME! August 25 at 5:30pm (for new players and players wanting to move up a level)
- Final Team rosters determined by Sept 2
- Practices begin as early as week of Sept 9 (three practices before the 1st match)
EVALUATION DAY NOTE:
Evaluation Day is August 25 at 5:30pm (NOTE NEW TIME) Argonaut High School in Jackson. Returning players who want to move up a level, and new players who want to play above the beginning level MUST BE EVALUATED. We encourage any first-time players ages 11 and up to come and try to place into intermediates, where they will be on a team with players closer to their own age, rather than with kids as young as 7. We find that properly balance the teams ensures a positive experience for all involved. First-time players age 10 and under, and returning players who want to stay at the same level DO NOT need to be evaluated. You must be registered to attend Evaluation Day. Registrations cannot be turned in on August 25!
You can work on these skills with your child to prepare them:
Intermediate skills assessment
Advanced skills assessment
Registration is now closed.
We create the practice times from information you place on your registration forms, so please let us know if there are days that don't work for your child to practice. If this information changes after you register, please notify us!
Registrations must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) by August 22! NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- COST: $70 first child, $45 second child, $10 third child (max of $125 per household)
Register early, space is limited. Preference may be given to those who register first.
Fee includes t-shirt, season-end party, and awards.
No child will be denied participation for financial reasons. Contact us at 209-304-2816 for information on grant assistance.
- WANT TO JOIN IN THE FUN?
Our league is run completely by volunteers, and we depend on your support. Due to high enrollment numbers, we always need volunteer coaches and assistants. If you are a parent or high school player who would like to help out with a team,
please email us or call 209-304-2816.
You do not have to be a tennis player or have prior coaching experience to contribute! We will make sure you
have the training you need.
Coaching Resources Available Here
Match Play Guidelines - Info for intermediate and advanced players about line calls & more!