Amador Junior Team Tennis League
League Director: Christian Ducray
- WHO: Boys & Girls Ages 7-14. Sorry, no high school players (but HS players are encouraged to volunteer as coaches...see last bullet at bottom of page).
- WHAT: Co-ed teams play doubles and/or singles tennis in three ability levels. Beginners use large red low compression balls and a short court format, intermediates play full court with orange low compression balls, and advanced is regular singles & doubles play with rotation of teammates. No experience is necessary, beginners are welcome!
Each child needs his/her own youth tennis racquet. ATC will assist with making sure every child has a racquet;
let us know if you have questions about sizing or if you are unable to provide a racquet for your child.
- WHEN: FALL 2019 LEAGUE Sept 29 to Nov 10
- Seven matches on SUNDAYs between 2pm and 6pm
- Registrations IS NOW CLOSED!
- Final Team rosters determined by Sept 6
- Practices begin as early as week of Sept 9 (three practices before the 1st match)
- MATCH SCHEDULE
Seven matches on SUNDAY AFTERNOONS Sept. 29 through Nov. 10 according to this match schedule.. NOTE: Arrival and match times have been adjusted slightly for Nov. 10 only to accommodate awards for each group.
- PRACTICE SCHEDULE & ROSTERS
Roster by division & team
Court use schedule for practices
Your coach will be in touch with you about your exact practice start date -- likely the week of Sept 9.
- RAIN POLICY
In general, we do not play or practice if it is raining or even if the court surface is wet (it becomes very slippery). Your coach will contact you if your practices are cancelled because of wet conditions.
The league coordinators will decide if matches are not playable due to weather. We will send out an early morning email on match days to let you know match status. In some cases, we can play some of the groups or divisions, but not all of them. We try to play as many matches as possible, but also want to be safe.
- If you have to miss an occasional practice or match, please let your coach know in advance if possible.
- Your coaches will deliver your t-shirts before our first match. T-shirts only have to be worn at matches.
- It is important that intermediate and advanced players have pockets or another way to hold one ball during play (for practices, but especially matches).
- Smooth rubber-soled (preferably light color) athletic shoes - Low/no tread is better than high-tread "waffle type" running shoes, which can be sort of "sticky" and easier to turn an ankle. No flip flops, sandals, or cowboy boots!
- If your child does not have a racquet or you have questions about racquet size, please contact us. Please bring your racquet, sun protection, and water to all practices and matches.
- Court Conduct Handout - Some tennis etiquette all players should know & follow!
Fee includes t-shirt, season-end party, and awards.
No child will be denied participation for financial reasons. Contact us at 209-304-2816 for information on grant assistance.
- TEAM PHOTOS
Coaches will be taking team photos this season. Your coach will let you know more details.
- WANT TO JOIN IN THE FUN?
Our league is run completely by volunteers, and we depend on your support. Due to high enrollment numbers, we always need volunteer coaches and assistants. If you are a parent or high school player who would like to help out with a team,
please email us or call 209-304-2816.
You do not have to be a tennis player or have prior coaching experience to contribute! We will make sure you
have the training you need.
Coaching Resources Available Here
Match Play Guidelines - Info for intermediate and advanced players about line calls & more!