Amador Junior Team Tennis League
League Director: Dan Klement
- WHO: Boys & Girls Ages 7-14. Sorry, no high school players.
- WHAT: Co-ed teams play doubles and/or singles tennis in three ability levels. Beginners use large red low compression balls and a short court format, intermediates play full court with orange low compression balls, and advanced is regular singles & doubles play with rotation of teammates. No experience is necessary, beginners are welcome!
Each child needs his/her own youth tennis racquet. ATC will assist with making sure every child has a racquet;
let us know if you have questions about sizing or if you are unable to provide a racquet for your child.
Seven matches on SUNDAY AFTERNOONS Sept 30 to Nov 11 according to the schedule below. We will give further details on who plays in what group each week.
- Advanced at AMADOR HS (15 minute warm-up, 75 minutes match play)
Group 1: 1pm-2:45pm
Group 2: 2:45pm-4:30pm
- Intermediates at ARGONAUT HIGH SCHOOL (15 minute warm-up, three 20-minute matches)
Group 1: 12:30pm-2pm
Group 2: 2pm-3:30pm
Group 3: 3:30pm-5pm
- Beginners at ARGONAUT HIGH SCHOOL 5-6pm (15-minute warm-up, then three 12-minute "sets")
- PRACTICE SCHEDULE & ROSTERS
Rosters are finalized; your coach will be in touch with you about your exact practice start date -- likely the week of Sept 17.
- WANT TO JOIN IN THE FUN?
Our league is run completely by volunteers, and we depend on your support. Due to high enrollment numbers, we always need volunteer coaches and assistants. If you are a parent or high school player who would like to help out with a team,
please email us or call 916-834-0021.
You do not have to be a tennis player or have prior coaching experience to contribute! We will make sure you
have the training you need.
Coaching Resources Available Here
Match Play Guidelines - Info for intermediate and advanced players about line calls & more!