Amador Junior Team Tennis League
League Director: Dan Klement
- WHO: Boys & Girls Ages 7-14. Sorry, no high school players.
- WHAT: Co-ed teams play doubles and/or singles tennis in three ability levels. Beginners use large red low compression balls and a short court format, intermediates play full court with orange low compression balls, and advanced is regular singles & doubles play with rotation of teammates. No experience is necessary, beginners are welcome!
Each child needs his/her own youth tennis racquet. ATC will assist with making sure every child has a racquet;
let us know if you have questions about sizing or if you are unable to provide a racquet for your child.
Tentative Spring 2019 dates:
- Seven match days (April 6 to May 11). Matches on SATURDAYS between 9am and 5pm depending on the total number of teams.
- Registrations due March 6
- Assessment day: March 9 (for new players and players wanting to move up a level)
- Final Team rosters determined by March 15
- Practices begin as early as week of March 25 (two practices before the 1st match).
- Awards Party May 11
- MATCH REMINDERS
If you have to miss an occasional practice or match, please let your coach know in advance if possible.
You will get your t-shirts before our first match, and there are no other uniform requirements except smooth rubber-soled (preferably light color) athletic shoes. Low/no tread is better than high-tread "waffle type" running shoes, which can be sort of "sticky" and easier to turn an ankle. This shoe requirement goes for practices also....no flip flops, sandals, or cowboy boots! Intermediate and advanced players should have pockets or other way to hold one ball during play.
Please bring your racquet, sun protection, and water to all practices and matches. If you do not have an appropriately sized youth tennis racquet, or if you have any other questions, please let your coach or Dan Klement know.
Court Conduct Handout - Some tennis etiquette all players should know & follow!
Registration will open in early 2019.
- WANT TO JOIN IN THE FUN?
Our league is run completely by volunteers, and we depend on your support. Due to high enrollment numbers, we always need volunteer coaches and assistants. If you are a parent or high school player who would like to help out with a team,
please email us or call 916-834-0021.
You do not have to be a tennis player or have prior coaching experience to contribute! We will make sure you
have the training you need.
Coaching Resources Available Here
Match Play Guidelines - Info for intermediate and advanced players about line calls & more!