Amador Junior Team Tennis League
League Director: Dan Klement
- WHO: Boys & Girls Ages 7-14. Sorry, no high school players.
- WHAT: Co-ed teams play doubles and/or singles tennis in three ability levels. Beginners use large red low compression balls and a short court format, intermediates play full court with orange low compression balls, and advanced is regular singles & doubles play with rotation of teammates. No experience is necessary, beginners are welcome!
Each child needs his/her own youth tennis racquet. ATC will assist with making sure every child has a racquet;
let us know if you have questions about sizing or if you are unable to provide a racquet for your child.
- Seven match days (April 7 to May 19). Matches on SATURDAYS (times and locations TBD)
- Registrations must be RECEIVED by March 9, no exceptions
- Assessment day: March 10 at 2pm at Argonaut HS (for new players and players wanting to move up a level)
- Final Team rosters determined by mid-March
- Practices begin in mid-late March
- Awards Party May 19
ASSESSMENT DAY NOTE:
Returning players who want to move up a level, and new players who want to play above the
beginning level MUST BE EVALUATED at Player Evaluation Day on March 10 at 2pm at Argonaut High School.
Beginning players and returning players who want to stay at the same level do not need to be evaluated unless contacted by the League Director. You must be registered to attend Evaluation Day. Registrations cannot be turned in on March 10!
Click here for details on skills assessment for intermediates.
Click here for details on skills assessment for advanced.
You can work on these items with your child to prepare them for Assessment Day.
Registration is now open! Before registering, please see note below about USTA memberships.
Register online and pay with your credit card or PayPal account
Print, complete and mail in the registration form with your payment.
We create the practice times from information you place on your registration forms, so please let us know if there are days that don't work for your child to practice. If this information changes after you register, please notify us!
Registrations must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) by March 9! NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
NOTE: Your child needs a Junior USTA membership valid through 5/19/18 in order to join our league. Memberships must be renewed or purchased for each player before registering for our league. In the past we have handled this for you, but due to privacy protection laws, USTA now requires that each player purchase or renew their own membership. Free memberships are available for new players under 10 years old, and all memberships are good for 12 months. You can check the expiration date of your membership here. To purchase/renew, please call USTA at 1-800-990-8782 or go to membership.usta.com. First-time members 10 and under can get a free membership using promo code "FYFE".
- COST: $70 first child, $45 second child, $10 third child (max of $125 per household)
Register early, space is limited. Preference may be given to those who register first.
Fee includes t-shirt, season-end party, and awards.
No child will be denied participation for financial reasons. Contact us at 257-1950 for information on grant assistance.
- WANT TO JOIN IN THE FUN?
Our league is run completely by volunteers, and we depend on your support. Due to high enrollment numbers, we always need volunteer coaches and assitants. If you are a parent or high school player who would like to help out with a team,
please email us or call 257-1950.
You do not have to be a tennis player or have prior coaching experience to contribute! We will make sure you
have the training you need.
Coaching Resources Available Here
Match Play Guidelines - Info for intermediate and advanced players about line calls & more!